Boris Johnson’s road map will involve four tests for easing restrictions.
The Government will use the tests to assess the impact of unlocking in England at each stage.
Here, the PA news agency takes a look at what it all means.
–What are the four tests?
• Evidence shows vaccines are sufficiently effective in reducing hospitalisations and deaths in those vaccinated
• Infection rates do not risk a surge in hospitalisations which would put unsustainable pressure on the NHS
• The assessment of the risks is not fundamentally changed by new variants of concern.
– How are we doing at the minute?
The Government has said the four tests are currently being met.
– So what does that mean?
The first step in the unlocking will go ahead on March 8 – the date by which the top four priority cohorts for vaccinations will have some immunity because three weeks will have passed since the first dose.
– What is reopening first then?
The detail is not yet clear but the PM said the priority has always been getting children back to school.
He said ways for people to reunite with loved ones safely will also be prioritised. Read from source….